Wednesday, August 18, 2010

i am hereeeeeeee

So my flight was delayed 4 and a half hours.  First, there was a drunk guy who was telling people he wanted to kill them and next thing you know about 6 flight attendants are surrounding him clearly trying to get him off the plane.  After probably 30 minutes of them talking and what not this big man storms down the aisle and carries the drunkie by his shoulders with someone holding his feet.  The state police were called and it took 8 of them to wrestle him down the jetway and drag him out on his ass another 20 minutes later.

After that was over we had electrical problems for another 2 hours until they finally said just get off the plane and go eat and to come back in another hour for an update.  So the update is at 9:30 and we were supposed to leave at 6:40 pm....so finally they fix the problem around 10:15 and say we should be boarding soon...then turns out one of the crew members times out and so they need someone new who is coming in and won't be there until 11:45 meaning we don't even leave until well after midnight.  Thankfully they found someone and we took off at 11:20ish.

So my first day here is over...we just ate dinner and I am wicked stuffed.  And really good tiramasu for dessert.  The kids are really cute and funny but the whole not understanding Dutch thing makes it really hard to have any idea what's going on.  Caroline talks to me in english and definitely likes to talk but the two boys definitely would rather not talk in english.  My dutch class should start in September so I'll start to pick things up then I suppose.  I'm gunna go to bed now though at 8pm!  I am soooo tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment