Today is the day I finally rode my bike without hands!!!!!! Needless to say, I was ecstatic. Timo on the other hand was not so impressed...even though he can't do it either and we have been practicing a little bit on our bike ride to his guitar lessons his response was nothing like mine. I was riding along and started yelling LOOK AT ME I'M DOING IT! and his response was basically just a very monotone "oh." Thanks for the support Timo haha but I think that is a difference between Europeans and Americans in general. Americans show a lot of emotion and get really excited over the simplest of things whereas Europeans are not quite so emotional and I have definitely never seen any European running around yelling out of excitement like I have done so many times. It is so satisfying and exciting though to be able to ride without my hands! I had said it was my goal to be able to do it by the time I left and now that I can, I have 5 more months to practice it so that I can ride really far without my hands and be like all the cool Dutch guys I see riding around handless. I am such a nerd.
Once we got to guitar we decided to have a sword fight. Timo's sword was the size of a small branch and sadly mine was just a twig. The fight started off unfair so I had to do the only thing I knew how to win it...act like a crazy person. It almost always works; no one knows how to react when you go crazy on them and no one can hit a crazy person. So while I thought I was distracting him with my jumping and weird noises he ended up kicking me instead. Well played, Timo, well played.
Other than that my life has not had a whole lot going on...I got a package from Tara the other day! A pretty Coach scarf :) Hopefully she gets her birthday package soon because I am excited to see what she thinks of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment